GivingTuesday takes place annually on the first Tuesday following Thanksgiving. It serves as a counterbalance to the consumerism of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, redirecting the focus to acts of kindness and charitable giving. For our team at Elevate Nepal, GivingTuesday allows us to reflect on the good we’ve been able to accomplish for communities in Nepal with the help of supporters like you.
The GivingTuesday movement aims to reimagine a world built upon shared humanity and radical generosity. GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: to encourage people to do good. Since then, it has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
How have we participated in GivingTuesday in past years?
We began celebrating GivingTuesday in 2018. Funds raised during this important time have allowed us to:
- Supply water, electricity and toilets to 35 houses (more than 440 people) through our water and sanitation project
- Support agriculture education for more than 100 students at Ananda Jyoti Agriculture School
- Employ dozens of people in Nepal communities
- Advance public health for thousands of Nepalese residents through projects like our Medical Camp
Why donate on GivingTuesday?
This year’s GivingTuesday falls on November 28, 2023. Our goal is to raise $10,000 to bring clean water to an additional 500 children and their families.
Your gift will help develop Nepal’s poorest and most remote villages into thriving communities. By pursuing projects in areas of education, public health, infrastructure and employment, we create opportunities to curb outmigration and fortify against threats like climate change, earthquakes, and pandemics. This year, your donation will specifically support the next phase of our three-year Potable Water and Sanitation Project in Nepal’s remote Makwanpur District.
Is my gift tax deductible?
Yes! Your gift is tax deductible. You will receive an email confirmation that will serve as your receipt for tax purposes.
Join us on GivingTuesday!
- Participate in our GivingTuesday Facebook fundraiser or make a donation on our website.
- Help us spread the word about the generosity movement, and our biggest day of the year, on your own social media pages. This encourages individuals in your network and your communities to come together, fostering the sense of unity and shared responsibility.
- While GivingTuesday is only a single day, it’s also the official kickoff to the year-end giving season. Support our mission by becoming a monthly supporter to save lives and allow children to pursue a prosperous childhood.
GivingTuesday is our largest fundraising event of the year. It allows us to gain visibility, engage with supporters interested in making a greater social impact. This day unites people, businesses, and communities around a shared purpose of bringing sustainable change to marginalized communities in Nepal. We hope you’ll join us in cultivating a sense of togetherness and continuing to build positive change on November 28th.